Friday, November 09, 2007

TAKIN' ME BACK...

So... from about 5th grade to 9th grade, I spent almost every Saturday night glued to the classic after hours MTV metal show Headbangers Ball. Pretty rad, I know. It was the only place for a metal kid to see the newest videos from all his favorite bands... or just a bunch of poofy-haired guys in leather.

Fast forward to last night. I spent the night watching the bonus DVD that comes with the new Coheed and Cambria record No World For Tomorrow (damn good record, by the way). During the "Making of...", Claudio is recording some vocals and all of a sudden screams out "GRANDMAAAA," in the highest pitch voice possible. Now, for those of you in the metal know, this was a reference to the amazing opening lyric to King Diamond's song Welcome Home. In my younger days, I loved that video. As cheesy as it is... it takes me back. Back to a time when I had a school binder with the words "THE NEW KIDS SUCK!" written as large as possible on the front.

My favorite lyrics in Welcome Home...
What do You think of the house and the silvery moon?
We are going to repaint the front door soon.


Enjoy the video... and remember the good ol' days.
Thanks for the throw back, Claudio.

No comments: