Tuesday, June 24, 2008

PLAYING CATCH UP...

Hello there... loyal followers of The Kitchen Table. It's been a while, and I apologize, but I've finally got my girl out here and life is great. It's crazy how much we've been doing since she got to Colorado. Also, my life of freelance design has kept me plenty busy. Here are some photos from the past couple weeks. Enjoy.


Just some fun with a photo of the bushes out front.



Out for a walk.



I thought this was a cool building detail.



This is above my desk... and yes, it's true.



In case you can't tell, this is the ceiling in the warehouse. Andy, Justin and I decided to decorate it (much to Seabron's chagrin) by getting 2 plastic knives, a Post-It note pad and a real knife stuck in it. Dangerous... maybe. Fun... definitely!



Chelsea and I went to a chalk drawing festival and found this in the kids section. Isn't it cute? We're pretty sure that little Timmy is troubled.



Maudie... just chillin.



"You're adorable." "No, you're adorable.
Crazy beard... check. Black shirt... check. Gray shorts... check. The terrorist twins, Dylan and Zach, in a moment of realization during a game of washers at Virgil's BBQ.



Hanging out at Wash Park with the girl. Life is pretty swell.




On our way into the Andenken Gallery, we found "Max Loved." Apparently, he just got a haircut from good ol' Shakes McGee. Poor dude looks messed up. Nice kitty, though.



I was riding my bike to work and found this. "Street art" has come a long way since I was a boy.



Charly and Vinnie Fasano stop by Suburban Home. Good dudes.



Here it is... the cover for Ninja Gun's album Restless Rubes, the latest design from yours truly. This project was a lot of fun. The album is available from Suburban Home on CD and LP. I'll post some photos of the merch later - tee shirt, pint glass, beer cozy and buttons.




The Ninja Gun dudes were in town for about a week, playing gigs and hanging out. These guys are awesome. None of us had met them before putting out the album, but it only took about 2 seconds for us to realize that they were some cool kids. I stopped by the 8 Houses studio to take some shots of them recording new tracks.



That night Virgil took us all to a Rockies baseball game. It was my first time, and we had a ton of fun... and beer. If you go, I recommend the bleachers in center field.



Virgil, Ninja Gunners and I... just getting started



Georgia meets Colorado.



Zach and Nicole... gettin' their 7th inning stretch on.



This was our crew - friends, lovers, co-workers, interns and band dudes.



After the game, it was off to Steubens because our friend Joe was bar tending.



Me and my lady.





Joe likes to pour big shots of whiskey... and the gang was happy.



Jeffey drinkin' and Joe looking exhausted.



We saw this at the laundromat. So sad.



Words cannot express my utter confusion with this church sign, but I totally wanna add Jesus to my "Top 8".

No comments: