Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A WEEKEND IN COORS COUNTRY...

I flew into Denver late Thursday night, with the goal of finding a great place for Chelsea and I to live. I had set up a bunch of appointments via Craigslist. Some good, some not so good. After an awesome weekend with the coolest kids ever - Danyel and Zack - I left Denver with a new place to live and very little sleep. Here are some shots from the weekend.


My awesome hosts, Danyel and Zack. These kids gave me the grand tour of Denver, and a place to stay. Thanks for the pics Danyel.



This is how I started every morning. A tall cup of Danger Monkey coffee at Under the Umbrella, a good little Congress Park neighborhood spot.


After looking at 15 or 16 apts in a day and a half, I found this amazing duplex. Once I saw it, I knew it was the right place. On February 8th, this will be our new home in Congress Park.


This is living room/dining room, with all of the current tenant's crap.


The view from my front door.


This is Cheesman Park, a huge park about 8 blocks from my new place. A lot of people walking dogs and hangin' out.


For you urban dwellers, that is a squirrel.


This is my new buddy, Rocko. Rocko is Danyel's fierce little Chihuahua guard dog.


Unfortunately, we didn't take any pics of Friday night's hijinks - Tecates, a club called Lipgloss, Brent and his skinny jeans, cross-dressers who didn't even bother to shave, hipsters, faux hawks, James and his red sweats, James trying to ditch 2 girls in a high-speed chase, late night breakfast burritos at Chubbys, a bunch of dudes yellin' about going to a strip club, more Tecates at Zack's place, and crawling into bed at 4:30 a.m.
Damn, that was a good night.


Saturday night we rolled over to the Rockbar. Its a hotel lounge turned into bar/club. As you can see from the photo, they serve Mad Dog 20/20. I'm not kidding. Seriously. After seeing about 10 people get kicked out in the span of 5 minutes, I was thinking that serving MD might not be the best idea. Oh yeah, and Danyel's friend punched some big girl in the face. Just keepin' it real.


On Sunday, Danyel and Zack took me on a little local tour. Our first stop was Red Rocks, just outside of Denver. You might know Red Rocks from the classic U2 concert there.


This place is amazing. Apparently, they show movies here in the summer. I can't wait.


Then we were off to Golden... yup, the home of the All-American Coors beer. It also happens to be the home of this super rad river that you can kayak in from here to downtown.


Beware of the New Zealand mud snail!


Obligatory graffiti shot. There isn't much there, but I'm sure I'll find some hidden spots or warehouse or squats.


Looks like Space Invader may have rolled through town.


Just a great sign for this tiny old bike shop.


I love this sign for a dog grooming shop.


And this guy was just inside the door.


I am definitely getting any future ink done here. I love tat-2s... there might as well be a friggin' emoticon on the sign.

No comments: